12 Dec 2011

Ordinary Days

I know, I know… I haven’t been as active on the blog as I should but that’s strictly because there are no life events going on that are worth turning into literary work. Sure, I’m having good moments but do you really want to hear about my flatmate performing Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera in the kitchen while offering his services to spank the manly humps of an audience member? Or do you want to hear how I was the plus-one of my ‘adoptive mom’ to her company’s Christmas Dinner Party where she won the Award for Sweetie of the Year and I spend a really fun night filled with great food, great desserts and great coke all in a environment of uncoordinated and alcohol enhanced dancing of co-workers not only from New Zealand but also the surrounding islands?


Or how my own co-worker baked the most delicious and professional cake I have ever seen for his goodbye get-together before he leaves to Prague to continue his PhD? And let me add that while I was still recovering from that orgasmic inducing chocolate/nut/whipped-cream home made cake, he hugs me, looks at me and says ‘So. Goodbye. Nice to meet you. Fall in love and stay in New Zealand.’ which might just be the best advise I ever got. Or that on my way to the supermarket, while walking down the street I stumble upon a box with the words 'free food' which was, indeed, full of free food?! Naturally, I grabbed the whole box and went back home with a smile of true happiness on my face.



Moreover, do you even want to hear the outcome of me getting into a bus to a beach in the outskirts of Christchurch to meet a total stranger? And speaking of strangers, are you interested to know that a Canadian girl I briefly met on a flight from Sydney to Christchurch just spend the night at my place after a month of backpacking alone through New Zealand and that we shall meet for coffee next week in Melbourne? And how about a Christmas tree facing a jaw-dropping scenery that makes for one of those moments I will always remember?



All of this made for a nice week for me but I know none of it is that interesting for my very vast and dedicated legion of followers (don’t ruin the dream, people!). Honestly, December feels like a hangover to the continuous high moment that November was and nothing out the extraordinary has happened so far. But fear not my dear readers, in the name of the fine art of blogging, I promise I will get myself involved in fantastic and/or surreal (mis)adventures just so I can provide your with your daily comic relief. I´m sure next week when I’m off to Australia for Christmas and News Years Eve, I´ll have some new material.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sofia,

    I believe many people wished to have your 'nothing out of extraordinary' in their lives.
    Continue to live the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, careful with this "fall in love and stay...". Not so uncommon.... :P

    ReplyDelete